The Free Clinic is a volunteer based, acute care clinic which operates three clinics a week. All services are provided free of charge. These include exam, medications, diagnostic testing referral for subspecialty care, referral for limited dental care, optometry, and social services screening.
Patients are seen on a first come, first serve basis, with numbers handed out and patient check in at 4:30 PM on Monday and Thursday evenings and Tuesday mornings at 9:00 AM. Generally, a family practice physician assistant and a licensed physician will be on duty.
Children must be controlled. If any child or patient becomes unruly, they will be asked to wait outside the building until they are called by number to be seen.
Medical services treated include :
- Simple, uncomplicated illness (for example: rash, ear infections, urinary tract infections)
- Simple injuries (sprains, strains)
- Simple wound care and the administration of tetanus shots (injury less than 24 hours old)
- Non-surgical wound infections
- Suture or staple removal of non-surgical wounds
- Tooth pain treatment with antibiotic
- Unexplained symptoms